The Harvard College-Mindich Independent Research and Community Engagement (RCE) award provides funding in support of undergraduates who are conducting an independent summer project that combines community-engaged service with student-initiated scholarly research. The project must involve the guidance of a Harvard-affiliated faculty mentor and be highly substantive: a minimum of around six weeks in duration, full-time in commitment, and exhibiting some autonomy in the development, direction, and execution of the project.
- All continuing undergraduates (rising sophomores, juniors, seniors)
- Students from all concentrations
- Students in good academic and disciplinary standing
- Students whose project faculty sponsors are members of a Harvard Faculty
- A preference for students whose service projects are conducted with an existing nonprofit organization/non-governmental agency