Applications due: Thursday January 19th, 2023 at 11:59pm ET via CARAT
The Projects for Peace program is hosted by Middlebury College. According to their website, “Every year 100 or more student leaders are awarded a grant in the amount of $10,000 each to implement a ‘Project for Peace,’ anywhere in the world, typically over summer break. Projects for Peace are grassroots activities that address root causes of conflict and promote peace.”
Eligible students are:
- Pursuing projects that are 8 weeks or longer
- In good standing
- Current Harvard College undergraduates, 1st-year through 1st semester senior during Spring 2023
- Enrolled full-time during Spring 2023
- Planning to enroll in Fall 2023
**Preference will be given to students who have NOT received prior funding and for whom this is their last summer of college**
$10,000 is awarded to each grantee.
According to the Middlebury website, “We encourage applicants to use their creativity to design projects and employ innovative techniques for engaging project participants in ways that focus on conflict resolution and management, reconciliation, building understanding and breaking down barriers which cause conflict, and finding solutions for resolving conflict and maintaining peace. Each Projects for Peace partner institution has designated a Projects for Peace campus liaison to coordinate the Projects for Peace proposal writing and selection process. Most liaisons work with a selection committee. The intention of this program is to fund 100 projects (or more, subject to additional funding), with at least one at each of the participating partner institutions. All partner institutions are invited to select and submit two recommended proposals: one prioritized proposal and one nominated alternate. Final review and approval of all recommended proposals from individual campuses rests solely with the Projects for Peace office, which awards grant funds to each of the participating schools with winning project(s).”
- Applications due: Thursday, January 19th, 2023 at 11:59pm ET via CARAT
- Selection Committee meeting: Harvard nominates one winner and one alternate to Projects for Peace by February 6th, 2023. Projects for Peace notifies URAF of preliminary decisions by March 6th, 2023.