Happy New Year! It's time to begin thinking about summer research!
Although coronavirus pandemic complications continue for the College, URAF is moving forward to promote undergraduate research experiences for continuing students in summer 2021. To that end, we are preparing for both remote and in-person experiences across all our programs, with the proviso that university policy on campus and residential occupancy ultimately will determine logistics and practical considerations for research and funding.
If you have not yet explored undergraduate research at Harvard as an option for summer, please be sure to check out all of the resources on the URAF website, which includes information about on- and off-campus options, pivoting to remote research, recorded fall presentations on research opportunities, application materials, and how-to guidance, such as approaching faculty for mentorship and recommendations.
Drop-In Advising: Resumes January 19, 2021. Monday-Friday, 2-4pm. Instructions to sign in for drop-in advising hours may be found on the URAF homepage.
Advising by Appointment: Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or (617) 495-5095
URAF Web Resources:
- Residential research programs (PRISE, BLISS, PRIMO, SHARP, SURGH, PCER, SPUDS)
- Independent research funding (Herchel Smith, HCRP, RCE)
- Other campus research programs and funding applications (International centers, academic departments, research enterprises, etc.)
- External programs and funding (NSF REU, other domestic and international opportunities, etc.)
- Remote Ready Research
- Info Session Recordings (via the HarvardKey-protected Event Recordings links)
Key URAF Deadlines for 2021
- SURGH: Sunday, February 7, 2021 at 11:59pm (EST)
- Herchel Smith: Tuesday, February 9, 2021 at 12:00noon (EST)
- PRISE, BLISS, PRIMO, SHARP, and SPUDS: Thursday, February 18, 2021 at 12:00noon (EST)
- PCER (Project #2): Monday, March 29, 2021 at 12:00noon (EST)
- HCRP Summer: Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 12:00noon (EST)
- RCE: Thursday, April 1, 2021 at 12:00noon (EST)
- PCER (Project #1): NEW DEADLINE, Friday, April 30, 2021 at 12:00noon (EST)
(Most other university and external program deadlines also are in the month of February.)
Application Strategy Sessions for URAF-sponsored programs and funding
(Sessions will be recorded and posted to the URAF website.)
- Wednesday, January 27 at 4:00pm (EST): Herchel Smith Strategy Session
- Tuesday, February 2 at 4:00pm (EST): BLISS, PRIMO, SHARP, SURGH Strategy Session
- Wednesday, February 3 at 4:00pm (EST): PRISE Strategy Session
- Thursday, February 4 at 4:00pm (EST): SPUDS Strategy Session
- Tuesday, February 9 at 7:00pm (EST): PRISE Strategy Session
- Wednesday, February 10 at 7:00pm (EST): SPUDS Strategy Session
- Thursday, February 11 at 7:00pm (EST): BLISS, PRIMO, SHARP Strategy Session
Please check the URAF calendar for Zoom links and more events throughout the spring semester!